Scotts Bluff County - Treasurer Office
The Treasurer's Office collects and distributes all Real Estate, Personal Property and Auto Registration Taxes.
Auto Registration is a Department of the State of Nebraska that is operated by the Treasurer Office.
Scotts Bluff County has made an agreement with MIPS Inc. to make Tax information and payment available Online.
- This Tax information is being made available for viewing and payment Online.
- Payments are allowed for current and back taxes.
- A convenience fee of 2.49% is included on all Credit Card payments.
- A convenience fee of $2.00 is included on all e-Check payments.
Administration Building - 1st Floor
1825 10th Street
Gering, NE 69341
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Open through the lunch hour
Closed Weekends and Holidays
308 436-6617 - Main
308 436-6610 - Fax - Real Estate
Heather Hauschild - Treasurer
Shirley Reinmuth - Deputy Treasurer
Taxes / Levies
Frequently Asked Questions - Real Estate
When are my Real Estate & Personal Property taxes delinquent?
Delinquency Dates and Return Receipt Information as of December 2015
- Nebraska law states that Personal Property and Real Estate taxes become Delinquent on May 1st and September 1st each year and Start accruing interest on the Delinquency Date. NE Statute 77-203 & 77-204
- The Nebraska State Auditorís Office has notified all counties that interest Must Be charged on May 1st and September 1st Unless April 30th or August 31st falls on a weekend or a holiday. If this occurs, you will have the first business day after that date to pay your taxes Without Interest.
We will adhere to this law.
- If you mail your payments, we will verify the Postmark Date.
- Due to Nebraska law we are no longer required to mail paid tax receipts. If you would like a receipt mailed to you, please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope, when paying by mail.
- Deliquent Interest Rate is 14 Percent.
Updated: 2015.11.24 - 12:00 MDT