Scotts Bluff County - Treasurer Office
Auto Registration is a Department of the State of Nebraska that is operated by the Treasurer Office. The Auto Registration Department registers all automobiles, trailers, boats and motorcycles. They do all title work, VIN inspections, drivers license and ID cards.
Administration Building - 1st Floor
1825 10th Street
Gering, NE 69341
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Open through the lunch hour
Closed Weekends and Holidays
308 436-6616 - Main
308 436-6613 - Fax
Gloria Hartwig - Auto Supervisor
Frequently Asked Questions - Auto Registration
What is the cost of message plates?
What is the cost of Husker plates?
How do I get a refund on my plates?
When you sell or trade your vehicle, you must return you old plates to receive a refund.
What do I need to register a new car?
Proof of insurance, sales tax form, title, odometer statement from your auto dealer. If you purchase a vehicle from a private party, you must have a bill of sale from the seller, title signed by the seller, and proof of insurance.
What vehicles need to be inspected?
All vehicles purchased outside of Nebraska and all salvage vehicles.
Frequently Asked Questions - Drivers License
What are the Costs?
- 5 year License/ID Card $26.50
- Duplicate/Replacement $13.50
- CDL 5 year $57.50
- CDL Duplicate/Replacement $13.50
- Provisional Operator's Permit $17.50
- Learners Permit $10.50
Requirements needed when applying for a Nebraska Permit, License or ID Card
- Identity verification is required, present ONE ORIGINAL document to establish name and date of birth.
- Present TWO ORIGINAL documents with your Nebraska principal address issued within the last 90 days.
(Faxed or photocopied documents will NOT be accepted)
- Nebraska DMV
- Nebraska DMV Online Services
- Driver License Services - Driver License Renewals/Duplicates, Pay Reinstatement Fee,
Reinstatement Requirements, Maintaining an SR22 Insurance Filing, Check Your Current Point Totals, DMV Practice Test, Driver Records.
- Motor Carrier Services - Print, Submit or Pay an IFTA Return, Submit IRP Renewal, Print IRP Renewal Bill, IRP Payment.
- Vehicle Services - Title Inquiry, License Plate Renewal, Purchase Personalized Nebraska License Plates, Free Vehicle Tax Estimator, Title/Lien Registration Records.
Updated: 2011.01.18 - 14:00 MDT